Thanks to Chip and Joanna Gaines for sponsoring this nap! Couldn’t have done it without y’all! Looking forward to family dinner when I’m back in Waco and a nap on your couch!
OK. This is the first time I’ve taken a nap on a couch while another person is sitting on it. I thought it was time to step up my game.
Honestly I only just fell asleep and then she left, probably because of me, but that’s ok. The infamous red couch at Common Grounds needed to be reviewed and rated… so I came, I napped, and I conquered.
Apparently I got many a weird look during this nap. Haters gonna hate but I’m THRIVING. Let’s recreate the scene, shall we? There were the classic coffee shop vibes- alternative music, the sound of coffee paraphernalia being power washed, the smell of lattes and hipsters, and the sight of aesthetically pleasing coffee cup instagram posts. All of this equalled a perfect napping opportunity that I, as an avid public napper, could not pass up.
I feel like a food critic where my review will make or break the establishment so, Common Grounds, here are my thoughts and feelings on this 24 minute power nap:
- Overall Comfiness: 9/10 (everything was good, the couch was comfy but you didn’t sink into it. i don’t even care how old that couch was.)
- Cushion Quality: 8/10 (soft cushions that beg you to come take a nap, however, the arms of the couch were not super padded, but hey nobody’s perfect. this is why i often take my own pillow)
- Atmosphere of the Room: 10/10 (what more could you want than the smell of coffee, the soft bustle of people, and some quiet tunes to send you off into the dreamworld?)
- The “it” Factor: oh yes. this it factor goes out to the lady i took a nap next to before she left. hope your day was great my friend!!!!
- Pillows: 7/10 (the one pillow was good for my feet, i felt a little apprehensive about putting it under my head because i didn’t want my hair to smell like coffee???)
- Width: 7/10 (ok i was curled up but i feel like it could be just a tad bit wider)
- Quality of the Nap: 9/10 (i slept like an real life adult who works 3 jobs and has a hefty mortgage payment)
- Further Recommendations: free coffee to couch critics.
Final Thoughts: Common Grounds, you were a great nap and the perfect place to escape class. Baylor students, please take full advantage of this. S/O to Kody the barista for being on board with my public napping.