So, today’s couch review was in a room that I, as an undergraduate, am not technically allowed to be in. Let’s remember this and keep it on the down low, ok? Great. Well, I’m not gonna lie, I wish I was a graduate student because those couches are COMFY. Ya’ll. Seriously.
(i didn’t have a picture of the lounge so here’s me and my celebrity lookalike, George Clooney)
Here’s the story: obviously I had to be a little sneaky and walk into the lounge like I was a 22 year old graduate student and I have found that I accurately embody the idea of “fake it til you make it”. So I walked in and sat down on a chair, just to do a quick cushion test. Needless to say, I could probably take a good nap on the chair too. BUT, the couch was the goal, so I waited for this girl to leave (she gave me the ‘I know you’re not a graduate student’ look) and then I laid down on the couch and I immediately knew that this couch was GREAT. This nap lasted 43 beautiful minutes and here are my thoughts:
- Overall Comfiness: 8/10
- Cushion Quality: 7/10
- Atmosphere of the Room: 6.5/10 (it felt a little bit like going out to eat with someone but you don’t know what to talk about so you just kind of sit in each other’s presence and mutually recognize that this is not an ideal situation)
- The “it” Factor: mahogany. just mahogany.
- Pillows: there were none (i think I should stop putting this because THERE ARE NO PILLOWS AND I AM NOT OKAY)
- Width: perfect for a nap, I guess every couch could be a little wider, but I didn’t fall off this one
- Quality of the Nap: 8/10
- Further Recommendations: kick the graduate students out and let me nap